in case the very first thought ended up being that it is much like the phrase AF, be confident that it’s perhaps perhaps not.
AFK is short for: Away from Keyboard
AFK is an expression that is common. AFK may be used both in uppercase and lowercase types.
Typing whole sentences in uppercase is known as shouting that is rude.
Exactly Exactly How AFK Is Employed
AFK is used in live chatting to let people realize that you will not react for a minutes that are few you will end up from the computer. AFK is often used in combination with a descriptor such as “afk bio” (you are getting to your washroom), or “afk phone” (you are responding to a telephone call).
Types of AFK
Consumer 1: Joan? Will you be here?
User 2: sorry was AFK speaking with Chris.
Consumer 1: np, i simply wished to get the applying for grants this e-mail i do want to send towards the customer.
Individual 1: Ermahgerd! I simply had my ever that is first plum through the Polish bakery!
Individual 2: (no reaction)
Individual 1: Tuan, will you be here?
Individual 2: (no response)
Individual 2: sorry had been afk within the restroom. Where is this Polish bakery?
Individual 1: omg, i recently got a drop that is legendary this quest momb!
Individual 2: (no reaction)
Individual 1: MEN! take a look at my brand brand new popular!
Individual 2: I became afk taking the dogs away. Wow, congrats on that new couple of gloves! Which is awesome!
Expressions Just Like AFK
The AFK expression, like many internet expressions, is a component of this conversation culture that is online. Listed here are other internet expressions which means that very nearly the exact same thing as AFK:
- BBIAB: Be Back in somewhat
- TTYL: Speak With You Later On
- CU: See You!
- CUL8R: See You Later check On!
- BRB: Be Straight Back
- BRT: Be Immediately
Simple tips to Capitalize and Punctuate online and Texting Abbreviations
Listed below are a rules that are few follow whenever writing internet abbreviations:
- Capitalization is just a non-concern whenever text that is using abbreviations and talk jargon: you can make use of all uppercase (as an example, ROFL) or all lowercase (for instance, rofl), and also the meaning is identical. Avoid typing whole sentences in uppercase, though, as which means shouting in online speak.
- Proper punctuation is really a non-concern with most text message abbreviations: as an example, the abbreviation for ‘Too Long, don’t Read’ can be abbreviated as TL;DR or as TLDR. Both can be a format that is acceptable with or without punctuation.
- Never utilize durations (dots) between jargon letters: It defeats the goal of quickening thumb typing. As an example, ROFL would not be spelled as R.O.F.L., and TTYL could not be spelled as T.T.Y.L.
Suggested Etiquette for making use of Internet and Texting Jargon
Once you understand when you should make use of jargon in your texting is approximately once you understand your market, once you understand then using good judgment if the context is informal or professional, and. Then use abbreviation jargon if you know the people well, and it is a personal and informal communication. On the other hand, if you should be beginning a relationship or expert relationship with all the other person, avoid abbreviations unless you create a relationship rapport.
In the event that texting is in a context that is professional some body in the office, or with a client or vendor outside your business, avoid abbreviations. Making use of complete term spellings shows professionalism and courtesy. It is more straightforward to err from the relative part to be too expert and then flake out your communications in the long run than doing the inverse.